Sunday 15 March 2009

Black Bean Pumpkin Soup & Brownies

Black Bean Pumpkin Soup




If you take a gander at the (adapted) recipe from smittenkitchen.com, you'll quickly say to yourself
"woah, Missus Mustard, what did you do to it?"
Yeah, yeah. My aforementioned compulsion of recipe changing sometimes gets the best of me. This soup and yesterday's, ahem, adventure of using up the rest of the canned pumkpin I used for this soup to make muffins (no this, no that plus too much pumpkin and applesauce makes for some funky (though still edible) muffins) are just the tip of the iceberg, my friends. Usually I can follow my nose and turn out spot-on, though radically different than intended, dishes.
But sometimes. Sometimes...

Lessons learned: PRECOOK DRIED BEANS. Soaking alone is not enough.


Dessert: brownies. With Reese chips.
Recipe adapted from doughmesstic.blogspot.com
They turned out so-so. Much better the day after, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment